Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Nerd in Yupson County

Ever been in a locale that seems to have a very, very different gestalt than any ideas you ever had about the way you wanted life to be? That's me in Johnson County. For now, I'm a technically oriented, back-to-basics, manufacturing-minded, and of late VERY politically incorrect middle aged American blue collar type male in the very heart of American militant yuppity- South Overland Park, Kansas.

I may live here, and the daily experiences I have cannot help but shape my worldview on a daily basis. My goal here is not to simply bemoan the local situation, but to provide some input on some of the things I see, and what we need to do-in our cities and counties, our country, and in the world generally-to get back to where we once belonged. I hope that even if you don't agree with me 100% on any issue-and I don't ask you to-you enjoy a few of the things nearly a quarter century out here has taught me. And I want to explore some of the subjects I am fascinated by as well. If what I think offends or bothers you, do what I did-start your own blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home